Why You'll Love the Thirteen Colonies Map
An essential map for colonial American studies!
Students see the boundary lines of the original thirteen colonies and how they have changed over time. A fantastic way to connect geography with historical events of the period.
Each map has loads of fun activities for students including locating, labeling and shading borders, bodies of water, mountains, Native American tribes, important cities, landmarks, and more!
When you purchase this map you will receive links to download the free bonuses listed below. These are digital files that you can download and begin using immediately.
Step-by-Step Mapping - Thirteen Colonies
Step-by-Step Mapping is a high-resolution digital file meant for projecting on a whiteboard or viewing on a computer. The activity map is shown in 4-6 stages of completion. A great way to add your own customizations when projecting on a whiteboard!
CartoCraze - Appalachian Mountains
You will receive the Appalachian Mountains downloadable workshop (part of our CartoCraze membership.) In this workshop, students explore the mountain range in detail with loads of fun activities, learning resources, and extra printables.
From Blank to Beautiful
Why These Maps Work
- 1Reinforces Neatness. Cartography is a great way to learn paper-to-pencil skills. For example, students may have to make a word fit into a small or odd-shaped space, while still maintaining legibility. Students learn and carry these presentation skills into their other school work.
- 2Encourage research skills. Students learn to use atlases, encyclopedias and other resources.
- 3Cooperation through teamwork. Students can work in groups while using our maps, encouraging the all-important skill of cooperation.
- 4More than geography. Our maps bring together geography and art skills, as well as providing a link to other disciplines such as math, literature and history. You can use our maps for a variety of topics and lessons. Be sure to check out our free map resources and CartoCraze membership.
- 5Fun to use. Students love to color and use their imaginations. Because our maps are fun to use, they make teaching and learning geography easier.
There are no reviews yet.