Why You'll Love the World Explorers Map
Your students will learn the routes of early explorers and physical geography on this large, double-sided map.
Includes all major routes: early Vikings to modern-day polar explorers. One of our most popular maps!
Each map has loads of fun activities for students to gain a deep understanding of travels of world explorers, including locating, labeling and shading borders, bodies of water, labeling routes, physical features, and more! The front side shows the routes. The reverse side describes all the routes.
When you purchase this map you will receive links to download the free bonuses listed below. These are digital files that you can download and begin using immediately.
Step-by-Step Mapping - World Explorers
Step-by-Step Mapping is a high-resolution digital file meant for projecting on a whiteboard or viewing on a computer. The activity map is shown in 4-6 stages of completion. A great way to add your own customizations when projecting on a whiteboard!
Map Challenge - European Explorers
You will receive the European Explorers map challenge. In this workshop, students learn fun geographic and historical information that expands beyond the map activities, including animals and cultural facts, writing and research activities, and a reading list.
From Blank to Beautiful
Why These Maps Work
- 1Reinforces Neatness. Cartography is a great way to learn paper-to-pencil skills. For example, students may have to make a word fit into a small or odd-shaped space, while still maintaining legibility. Students learn and carry these presentation skills into their other school work.
- 2Encourage research skills. Students learn to use atlases, encyclopedias and other resources.
- 3Cooperation through teamwork. Students can work in groups while using our maps, encouraging the all-important skill of cooperation.
- 4More than geography. Our maps bring together geography and art skills, as well as providing a link to other disciplines such as math, literature and history. You can use our maps for a variety of topics and lessons. Be sure to check out our free map resources and CartoCraze membership.
- 5Fun to use. Students love to color and use their imaginations. Because our maps are fun to use, they make teaching and learning geography easier.
There are no reviews yet.