Why You'll Love the Treasure Map
Your students will design and draw their own treasure or adventure map, guided by suggestions. A fun way to support the learning of geographic terms!
Learn cartography while using creative thinking! Every student's treasure map will be unique.
Each map has loads of fun activities for students including drawing a map key, illustrating the map, labeling and completing directions on how to reach their treasure, and more!
When you purchase this map you will receive links to download the free bonuses listed below. These are digital files that you can download and begin using immediately.
Step-by-Step Mapping - Treasure Map
Step-by-Step Mapping is a high-resolution digital file meant for projecting on a whiteboard or viewing on a computer. The activity map is shown in 4-6 stages of completion. A great way to add your own customizations when projecting on a whiteboard!
Map Challenge - Treasure Map
You will receive the Treasure Map map challenge. In this workshop, students learn fun geographic and historical information that expands beyond the map activities, including animals and cultural facts, writing and research activities, and a reading list.
From Blank to Beautiful
Why These Maps Work
- 1Reinforces Neatness. Cartography is a great way to learn paper-to-pencil skills. For example, students may have to make a word fit into a small or odd-shaped space, while still maintaining legibility. Students learn and carry these presentation skills into their other school work.
- 2Encourage research skills. Students learn to use atlases, encyclopedias and other resources.
- 3Cooperation through teamwork. Students can work in groups while using our maps, encouraging the all-important skill of cooperation.
- 4More than geography. Our maps bring together geography and art skills, as well as providing a link to other disciplines such as math, literature and history. You can use our maps for a variety of topics and lessons. Be sure to check out our free map resources and CartoCraze membership.
- 5Fun to use. Students love to color and use their imaginations. Because our maps are fun to use, they make teaching and learning geography easier.
There are no reviews yet.