Why You'll Love the Japan Map
Your students can learn history and geography on this large map devoted to Japan, the country made up of hundreds of islands in the north Pacific.
Interesting facts including the origin of Japan's name, active volcanoes, and mountains.
Each map has loads of fun activities for students to gain a deep understanding of Japan, including creating a haiku (a Japanese poem made up of 17 syllables.)
When you purchase this map you will receive links to download the free bonuses listed below. These are digital files that you can download and begin using immediately.
Step-by-Step Mapping - Japan
Step-by-Step Mapping is a high-resolution digital file meant for projecting on a whiteboard or viewing on a computer. The activity map is shown in 4-6 stages of completion. A great way to add your own customizations when projecting on a whiteboard!
CartoCraze - Japan
You will receive the island of Japan downloadable workshop (part of our CartoCraze membership.) In this workshop, students explore the island in detail with loads of fun activities, learning resources, and extra printables.
From Blank to Beautiful
Why These Maps Work
- 1Reinforces Neatness. Cartography is a great way to learn paper-to-pencil skills. For example, students may have to make a word fit into a small or odd-shaped space, while still maintaining legibility. Students learn and carry these presentation skills into their other school work.
- 2Encourage research skills. Students learn to use atlases, encyclopedias and other resources.
- 3Cooperation through teamwork. Students can work in groups while using our maps, encouraging the all-important skill of cooperation.
- 4More than geography. Our maps bring together geography and art skills, as well as providing a link to other disciplines such as math, literature and history. You can use our maps for a variety of topics and lessons. Be sure to check out our free map resources and CartoCraze membership.
- 5Fun to use. Students love to color and use their imaginations. Because our maps are fun to use, they make teaching and learning geography easier.
- Generously sized – 16 inches x 20 inches, ideal for students to see details.
- Outline map – perfect for shading & labeling with colored pencils.
- Printed on sturdy paper and shipped flat – no folds, creases or curly papers!
- Activities included – use with “on-map” activities or your own lesson plan.
This map features cultural and physical geography of the island country of Japan.
Cities and bodies of water are already labeled.
EXTRA– Students will enjoy the exercise about writing a haiku poem.
There are no reviews yet.