Why You'll Love the Civil War Map
The Civil War map offers two maps in one, giving students a complete geographic picture of the Civil War.
On the large map, students label the 35 major battles and learn about geographic details that affected war.
On the small inset map, students label the union, confederate, and border states and key dividing lines.
Each map has loads of fun activities for students to gain a deep understanding of the Civil War, including locating, labeling and shading borders, bodies of water, cities, naval barricade areas, battle place holders, victors, western territories, and more!
When you purchase this map you will receive links to download the free bonuses listed below. These are digital files that you can download and begin using immediately.
Finished Map: Civil War
You will receive the Civil War finished map. Many of the teachers and educators who use our maps like to have a completed map that can be viewed on a smartboard or projected for enlarged classroom viewing.
CartoCraze - Appalachian Mountains
You will receive the Appalachian Mountains downloadable workshop (part of our CartoCraze membership.) In this workshop, students explore the mountain range in detail with loads of fun activities, learning resources, and extra printables.
From Blank to Beautiful
Why These Maps Work
- 1Reinforces Neatness. Cartography is a great way to learn paper-to-pencil skills. For example, students may have to make a word fit into a small or odd-shaped space, while still maintaining legibility. Students learn and carry these presentation skills into their other school work.
- 2Encourage research skills. Students learn to use atlases, encyclopedias and other resources.
- 3Cooperation through teamwork. Students can work in groups while using our maps, encouraging the all-important skill of cooperation.
- 4More than geography. Our maps bring together geography and art skills, as well as providing a link to other disciplines such as math, literature and history. You can use our maps for a variety of topics and lessons. Be sure to check out our free map resources and CartoCraze membership.
- 5Fun to use. Students love to color and use their imaginations. Because our maps are fun to use, they make teaching and learning geography easier.
There are no reviews yet.