Why You'll Love the Basic Map Skills Map
Your students can learn basic geography skills on this large map devoted to a fun, fictional town. Ideal for students in grades 2-4.
Introduces all the basic skills necessary for making, reading, and understanding maps. Scale is introduced for calculating distances — great for math skills!
Each map has loads of fun activities for young students to understand how to read and use a map, including using a compass roses for directions, a map grid to find locations, scale, identifying map symbols, and more!
When you purchase this map you will receive links to download the free bonuses listed below. These are digital files that you can download and begin using immediately.
Step-by-Step Mapping - Basic Map Skills
Step-by-Step Mapping is a high-resolution digital file meant for projecting on a whiteboard or viewing on a computer. The activity map is shown in 4-6 stages of completion. A great way to add your own customizations when projecting on a whiteboard!
Map Challenge - Basic Map Skills
You will receive the Basic Map Skills map challenge. In this workshop, students learn fun geographic and historical information that expands beyond the map activities, including animals and cultural facts, writing and research activities, and a reading list..
From Blank to Beautiful
Why These Maps Work
- 1Reinforces Neatness. Cartography is a great way to learn paper-to-pencil skills. For example, students may have to make a word fit into a small or odd-shaped space, while still maintaining legibility. Students learn and carry these presentation skills into their other school work.
- 2Encourage research skills. Students learn to use atlases, encyclopedias and other resources.
- 3Cooperation through teamwork. Students can work in groups while using our maps, encouraging the all-important skill of cooperation.
- 4More than geography. Our maps bring together geography and art skills, as well as providing a link to other disciplines such as math, literature and history. You can use our maps for a variety of topics and lessons. Be sure to check out our free map resources and CartoCraze membership.
- 5Fun to use. Students love to color and use their imaginations. Because our maps are fun to use, they make teaching and learning geography easier.
There are no reviews yet.